There are multiple Free CDN Service Providers for WordPress websites to boost its loading speed the most important factor. If your website loads slowly, you will lose a lot of visitors because no one is patient enough to wait for the site to load as they can just go to some other site.
What is a CDN (Content Delivery Network)?
So when a person visits your site, the static content will be delivered to them through the server that is closest to them.
For example: If your main server is hosted in Houston, TX, and someone from Durham, England tries to access it, then they will be redirected to the closest server which may be in London. This limits the number of internet hops needed to transmit the static files to your end user.
What are Advantages of using CDN?
- Crash Resistance – CDN allows to distribute the load to multiple servers instead of having 100% traffic to our main server thus making it less likely to crash.
- Improved User Experience
- Improvement in SEO – Google has clearly stated that faster sites tend to rank higher in Search Engines.
Free CDN Service Providers:
CloudFlare is the best CDN service for WordPress website that is absolutely free. The data centers are located all over the world to serve your content at surprisingly fast speed.
Make the Internet work the way it should. The implementation is easy,
- create a free account then you add your website URL
- once CloudFlare checks your websites, it will provide you with custom nameservers
- you have to point your domains to that nameservers
that’s it, you are done
Below network map of the locations of all the data centers around the world.
Second is Photon by Jetpack If you are running a WordPress website you can use this plugin. The plugin is a must have for WordPress website because Photon is an image acceleration and editing service for sites hosted on WordPress.com or on Jetpack-connected WordPress sites. That means less load on your host and faster images for your readers.
To start using Photon:
- From the Jetpack page in your blog dashboard, click the Activate button for Photon.
- You’re done! Your images will now be served dynamically from the global WordPress.com cloud.
SwarmCDN utilizes Real User Measurement (RUM) analytics and provides continuous realtime CDN switching intelligence that combines multiple delivery networks to achieve better performance and optimize the delivery experience. It offers a free plan with 250 GB of free transfer
SwarmCDN is available in around 196 countries worldwide.
5. Coral CDN
CoralCDN is a free and open content distribution network based on peer-to-peer technologies, comprised of a world-wide network of web proxies and nameservers. The service is free of cost because since it relies on the P2P network, billions of computers are connected to the world, making it absolutely free.
The way Coral CDN works, according to their WordPress plugin is by serving the static content through their servers by appending ‘nyud.net’ to the URL of the website.