Fira Code is an extension of the Fira Mono font containing a set of ligatures for common programming multi-character combinations. This is just a font rendering feature: underlying code remains ASCII-compatible. This helps to read and understand code faster.
Reason for Fira Code?
Programmers use a lot of symbols, often encoded with several characters. For the human brain, sequences like
:=are single logical tokens, even if they take two or three characters on the screen. Your eye spends a non-zero amount of energy to scan, parse and join multiple characters into a single logical one. Ideally, all programming languages should be designed with full-fledged Unicode symbols for operators, but that’s not the case yet.
Black Screen, Butterfly, Hyper.app, Konsole, QTerminal
Visual Studio 2017 & 2015, TextEdit, TextMate2, PhpStorm, NetBeans, Eclipse (Linux) and more..
- IE 10+, Edge: enable with
font-feature-settings: "calt" 1;
- Chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Opera)
- CodeMirror (enable with
Download Font : LINK
- in the ttf folder, double-click each font file, click “Install font”; to install all at once, select all files, right-click, and choose “Install”
- in the ttf folder, select all font files, click “Install font”
- in the ttf folder, double-click each font file, click “Install font”
Official Documentation : GITHUB